Tuesday 27 December 2016

[COP3] Practical Production

Inside the lung

From my research, I knew that trachea has a lot little 'hands' to trap dust and other polluted particles call cilia, I animated those like Mexican wave just like how my biology teacher taught us during high school. I include this memory in the animation, hope to make it fun to watch.

 I think the sponge texture is perfect for the heart, it feel squidgy and bouncy like how heart performs. It would suit a solid texture. This let me know that the texture applied could alter the feelings of the object, how audience 'see' the texture allow them to connect with the character.
From the initial text, I already had this idea of using tree branches as the blood vessels and airway. This is the first thing in my head when I saw diagrams of lungs online and after a few editing in photoshop it becomes my thought on paper! I like the right lung more because the branches are more dense, more like what it looks like inside the lung but I do not want to flip it over to make identical lungs or it would look artificial.


bubble wrap as a zoom out version of the lung, makes it more airy and gives volume to them even in 2D. I do not think the bubbles are too big because it is suppose to exaggerate the inner parts. However I do think it needs another version with more details when zooming in.



Here are the completed and comparison between the animated and the less animated version.

I like the animated version more because the character looks more lively and with personality. Although the less animated version still artistic, it might raise less empathy from audience compare to the top one because the flying movement tells when it struggles or having resistance. I think it could be improved by making other body parts moves as well like the squashing lungs and stretching diaphragm. I would come back to it if I have time, for now I really hope to finish the whole two animation on time as well as the essay. The time is a bit tight but I think if I crack on it will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment