Wednesday 11 January 2017

[COP3] Evaluation

From the beginning of COP, i did not believe I could have finished the dissertation with good quality of research and evaluation since I was not really reading much for the past two years for COP. To be honest, it was very difficult to begin with. I found it difficult to find useful and specific information in a book but now I know that it is super easy and have alternative ways to look for informations such as books, online resources and google scholar helps me so much! This joinery has been so long, from starting the topic at body language to researching a lot in dancing, a lot of ideas to narrow it down to anthropomorphism. I learn how to organise my thought and time, and do not stuck in the same place when things are not going as well as I thought. If I did not change my topic, it is possible that I would finish my dissertation with a frown instead of a smile. The tutors helped me a lot to define a right topic for me, showing me the suitable books and keep up with my progress. My time management skill is still very good in my view. I determined to finish the dissertation and animation in Christmas which I did and have a week to wrap up everything. I think this is my strength and definitely essential to maintain for the next project and even when I got a job. The numbers of vocabulary obviously increase dramatically during these three months. Words like: authenticate, anthropomorphism, obstacle, comprehension, obligation etc.

Working on Anthropomorphism gives me a lot of new perspective of seeing an object character in animation. Before, I would just think that they could create empathy because they are animated, but actually their are more reason behind that and the mechanisms. By knowing so, I am able to approach to a character in psychological way, examine audience reactions instead of only focusing on the character because interaction with people is a big thing for objects. They could only exist as character when audiences allow them. In this case, showing familiar actions and spend enough time with them. The Practical also is a good chance of proofing my theory about the importance of movement in object character which I think it honestly compare two animation with a significant result and give an answer to the theory. I think the animation could be improved by having a more narrative script next time when it is not use as comparing. I like the moving character more because it is more energetic and actually does seem to have a life!

This project also provides me a valuable opportunity to talk to Mr. Paul Wells. I would never be brave enough to talk to a professional before this project and I really appreciate my initiative and pushing my own boundary when writing this dissertation, both in reaching out to people and reading difficult books. This is the most productive three months I have ever had! Although it was tough and have so many rough time, even want to give up, I learn more than I thought and finish a 9000 word dissertation!

No comments:

Post a Comment