Tuesday 22 November 2016

[COP3] Practical research:asking my friend

So I immediately think of my friend who has a degree on pharmacy. After looking at the illustrations online of oxygen and CO2, I wonder if the bond angle has an effect on the molecules and should I draw them according to that so I asked an expert on this topic. 





drew me picture explaining!




So Chloe asked her friends as well and know that the bond angle does not have an effect on the molecule itself unless it synthesis with other atoms or molecule. In this case, oxygen and CO2 do not react or interact, simply diffusion through the alveoli so they  should remain their natural stage: O2 has bond angle in 107 degrees and carbon dioxide in 180 degrees. This definitely allows me to create a more reliable character and I should reconsider how to draw them as well. Also thinking about how Mike said yesterday about how we perceive the impression of these molecules,  like Carbon dioxide is the bad guy and oxygen is the good guy, it might be better to use the shapes to respond to this idea. I made the Carbon dioxide round at first which make it more like a nice character whereas triangle shapes for oxygen, scientifically it is impossible to have a triangular oxygen but still I am not planning to stick to the traditional way of drawing these substances so it needs more experiments on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment